
Samuel Larkin Denson
Joe and I had a successful "naming retreat" at the beach. I think Joe went in with his mind made up on the name, but I needed some time to talk it out. We had decided that we wanted to call him Larkin, but we were unsure of the other name. Not a lot goes with Larkin as it is a bit unusual. However, we love it! It's Joe's middle name and has been in his family for a few generations. His grandmother was excited to hear the name as Larkin was her father's name, so that was very special for her.
As for Samuel, we have both loved Samuel since praying for our child early on. We both felt strongly about going with family names or names with significance to us. The story of Hannah praying for Samuel has carried a lot of meaning for many people we know who have prayed for God's blessing of a child. We felt that it was fitting as that story and the faith of Hannah's prayers encouraged me often as we hoped for a child.
So little Larkin is kicking up a storm and growing like a weed. I had a great dr's visit today and everything continues to go right along as it should. I do think Larkin is nestled nicely on my sciatic nerve which sends shooting pains down my rear-end, but at least he seems to be enjoying himself in there. I am thankful that this pregnancy has been somewhat of a breeze and hope it continues as the hot weather draws closer.



Hey There Julia! What a sweet name for a little boy. I know you are so excited. I wanted to send some unsolicited advice your way :). I had sciadica with BOTH of my pregnancies. It was really awful. The pain with David started around where you are--end of 2nd or early 3rd trimester. But with Evie--it was EARLY like 11 weeks. I think it probably had something to do with a pelvic imbalance. If it gets really unbearable, I found going to PT was really helpful. Your OB can write you a presc for like 5 weeks or something. Really all they do is massage out that area and help keep your pelvis in alignment to prevent it from getting super painful. Good luck and hope you continue to feel well!
ReplyDeletelittle Larkin! I love it!
ReplyDeletehey
ReplyDeleteglad yall had fun on your naming retreat and i truly LOVE the name. I just hope and pray that my Luke and your Larkin will come to be good friends. hope your sciatica gets better
I LOVE that name! yeah for the naming retreat and how nice that it was at the beach! :)
ReplyDelete