I wanted to post a quick update on the pregnancy. I am 24 weeks and counting down to the arrival of our little man. I am feeling GREAT! Everyone was right when they said the second trimester you became "normal" again. I have so much energy and just overall feel good. I do think that the springtime weather has contributed a lot to how I feel since I have always said I have "seasonal depression"...basically hate feeling stuck inside with cold weather. I also have had great reports at the dr. recently and it seems (as you can see from the picture) that little man is growing very well!!
On that note, I wanted to share a funny story of the harassment I receive about my growing belly. Thankfully I take joking and sarcasm very well and everyone knows that I don't get my feelings hurt too often or to easily. So keep that in mind...
We had our Good Friday service last week and saw some friends of ours. I said something about my "little man" and they all kind of smirked and giggled. I immediately let them know that at this point in my pregnancy, the baby should be just a little over a pound. My brother quickly, and with no hesitation, turned to me, pointed to my belly and emphatically said ,"That's only a pound?" I laughed along with the rest and started making up reasons why my belly (while only carrying a child around a lb in weight) was as voluptuous as it is. Oh the moments of pregnancy. :)
Lastly, Joe and I are going to the beach next week for a get-a-way weekend together before our little man comes but also so we can have a NAMING RETREAT! We still have not settled on the full name and until we do, I just can't bring myself to post his name. :) So, it's coming soon.



Julia! You look adorable! Im so excited for you and Joe...it will be the best time of your life!!!
ReplyDeleteYou looks so cute!! I love the belly pics!
ReplyDeleteYou are so adorable!!!! I can't believe you are 24 weeks already! time is flying by!
ReplyDeleteYou look so cute! Love your new jeans :)
ReplyDelete