Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Last Few Months...and a Great Blessing

I bet everyone has wondered where I've been the last few months...well where in the blogging world. I have definitely dropped the ball on blogging and frankly just felt I was running out of any interesting material (not that the previous posts had been that interesting).

I also got very busy with with the rush of the holidays and tried every moment that I could to take it all in. I didn't want to miss out on the true meaning of Christmas and the time I could reflect on Christ's first coming! I always feel like I let Christmas pass me by because I'm too distracted with the glitz and glam of the season. This year was somewhat the same as years past, but I did find more time to stop and thank God for His son, for the blessings He's given me, and for His grace and mercies each day!

One blessing that I am so thankful for is the blessing of life! Yes, that is right. I am going to have a BABY! Baby Denson is due July 28.

Joe and I are so excited and have been praying for this child for a very long time. We had the pleasure of sharing with both of our families at Christmas and can I say, that was exciting! This is the first grandchild on both sides so we know he or she will be showered with love (and probably lots of toys).

We are so thankful for our family and friends who had been praying with us over the last several months. I know there were times I was very discouraged but mostly there were the times that I felt so light because I knew I was not carrying a burden on my own. God truly showed Joe and I what it meant to "cast all of our anxieties on Him"! It took us surrendering our timeline, our plans, our "wants" to Him and trusting him with each day. He had a perfect plan!

I can't wait to keep you all updated. We should find out in late February whether our little poppy seed (well that's what we started calling him/her at the beginning of the pregnancy, but we should definitely be bigger than a poppy seed now!!!) is a boy or girl!

13 comments:

  1. Congrats Densons!!!! We are so excited for you and glad little Brooklyn will have a Denson friend coming soon! Good luck w/ everything! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited!!!! Baby Denson and Riley Beth are going to be good friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!!! Congratulations!!! I'm so, so excited for y'all!!!! Soak up every second of your pregnancy, even the sleepless night of the newborn phase and all those after - they pass in the blink of an eye and you miss every one! We are so excited to gain a new friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!! Congrats Julia!!! I'm so happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! We are so happy for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATULATIONS, JULIA AND JOE!!!! SOOOO happy for yall :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Can't wait to find out what baby D is :) Love the new background!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joe and Julia! I'm so excited for you guys and can't wait to find out if baby Denson is a boy or girl! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! So excited for you guys! You will be wonderful parents!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a blessing Julia!! I hope you are feeling well. God is good!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Julia! I am so excited for you guys! I have been checking your blog lately in hopes that you would have some news like this soon! You will be the best mom and you will love every minute of it! Praise the LORD!! Brittan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Julia,
    I was so excited when I heard your news!! Being a mom is a wonderful blessing, especially when you have waited paitently on the Lord :) Can't wait to follow your pregnancy!
    Love,
    Kendall

    ReplyDelete
  13. This post made me tear up! and I am NOT a blog crier! Can't wait til Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete