THIS....
Yep. That's right. POOP in the bed! It's okay for some of you readers to be totally grossed out...I WAS! No dirty diaper can prepare you for this. There's just something extra disgusting about poop being outside the diaper.
The story is.... Larkin had been pretty fussy and seemed to maybe have a little tummy ache earlier in the day. I had fought with him to even get his p.j.'s off so I decided to forfeit with trying to put more clothes on him. He went down for a nap in just his diaper...mistake I now know.
When he woke up he was playful and just making his usual waking up noises. Then...he got really quiet for a few minutes. I usually give him some time to play (and take care of potty business if needed) but the silence was a little worrisome. I went in to see if he had gone back to sleep and much to my surprise...
He seemed pretty confused by this foreign object in his bed, even though he was the one that had taken it out of his diaper. Thankfully he wasn't too interested! So to the bath he went! I was speechless the whole time. I might have laughed a little, and said "oh crap" a few times... no pun intended. I of course didn't want to encourage this but I could tell Larkin felt a little bit of pride as I giggled.
Lessons learned:
1. Keep Larkin clothed during bedtimes. So far, he hasn't tried taking his clothes off so let's hope that habit never starts!
2. Don't give Larkin too much unsupervised alone time, even if he is in a safe place like his bed. Keep an eye on his activity!
I hope to get back into the blogging world more regularly! If I were to make New Year's resolutions, that would be one of them.





OMG I am sure that was pleasent. Haha. Looks like you cut off his curls? He is getting so big!
ReplyDeleteBaaaaaaaaaaaahahahaha! Oh my gosh - that is so funny! He is growing up so fast!!
ReplyDeleteY'all... He is growing up so fast. It is so hard to believe. Glad you could get a good laugh out of this. :)
Delete