A friend reminded me of this great truth and Joe and I have committed to praying fervently for those involved with the Tornado Relief Effort.
However, there are several material needs out there!! One organization that is keeping everyone up to date with donation needs is Christian Service Mission. If you have Facebook or Twitter, find them and follow them! Then, if you are able to, go grab a few items and take them down to the Mission! No amount is too small. I keep getting hit with the fact that their "needs" are the small things that I take advantage of. I don't question needing deodorant, or kleenex, or diapers and food for Larkin. Yet SO many have been left without these basic necessities.
Another site that is sharing relief info is a new blog created for MBCC Missions! So many of our dear friends at church have wondered how they could know more about the missionaries (both global and local) that our church supports. Our Mission Pastor and many others have been working hard to figure out the best ways to educate our church and community on Global and Local Missions opportunities. So here it is....(drumroll please)....
Go check it out, link it to your blog, and share with others!



Hey Julia! I've been trying to find ways to help out the tornado victims - thanks for posting the links, will definitely check them out. Happy Friday :)
ReplyDeleteMatt and I are leading a team from Los Angeles to Birmingham to work with Samaritan's purse June 5th-12! Our group will be sleeping at MBCC.
ReplyDelete