Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Larkin Lately - 6 months

Once again I have fallen behind with blogging!  And once again my disclaimer is that I enjoy every moment with Larkin and hardly have time to sit down to blog.  When he's napping, I clean or read or catch up on watching some of my not-so-kid-friendly TV shows.  However, today I felt the need to update you all on the latest "Larkin Moments":

Larkin is continuing to be SO MUCH FUN!  He has such a cute personality that is really starting to come out through his "words".  He has been babbling and squawking for a while now but recently started forming what we're considering his first words...Da Da!  I tried to deny it but he says it all the time so it's now being documented as his first words.  Joe loves it of course and I'm beginning too.  I was somewhat disappointed with the first words of "Da Da" because I had made up a song about "Mama" and now I'm seeing my efforts were futile.  However, I am loving seeing the looks on Joe's and Larkin's faces when he says DaDa.

Larkin has been rolling over for a few months now, yet each time he still looks up for some affirmation.  I usually cheer for him and wait for the adorable grin that he is so famous for!  It will never get old!  He does the same thing with his "jumper" and "exersaucer".  He loves to perform and usually looks for some sort of acknowledgement that we are watching his tricks.

As for sleeping, he is finally starting to get on a napping schedule and continues to sleep pretty well at night.  We are very thankful for that!

Lastly, Larkin has his 2 lower teeth with another on it's way (this one is giving him a fit).  I love seeing his little teeth through his grin, but it's starting to make him look more like a little boy than my little baby. :(  I sometimes want time to stop so that I can keep this precious little 6 month old forever!  I know they say every phase is the best and I'm sure I'll say it too, but I LOVE THIS ONE!

Enjoy the pictures!



Official 6 month picture!



Playing in the snow.  Larkin did not like the cold!





Yum!  That is not BBQ ribs...it's prunes.  He loves them!

Playing on his mat, trying to eat the bird.

Watching Praise Baby

JUMPING!!

Laughing at mommy...He makes me feel like I'm the funniest person in the world! :)


Doesn't this melt your heart?  :)

3 comments:

  1. Julia--he is SO cute! I really don't feel like I have seen him lately and when I see him in the nursery he is always in his carrier, what a sweet little guy:) come play with us!!!

    ReplyDelete