In my time as an "accountant widow" as my friend once called it, I found myself filling my time with reading (and of course some TV watching) as well as spending time with friends and some of the youth. I have been so thankful for the people in my life!
A side note about my reading... I just finished Same Kind of Different as Me. What an amazing book! My friend, Kelley, encouraged me to read it several weeks ago and I have been trucking through it (I'm a slow reader). This story of these two unlikely friends was like nothing I'd ever read except the stories of Christ and his desire to reach the "least of these". It reminded me that there are opportunities to reach out and show others the love of Christ without having to go overseas. There are opportunities in my own community! It was also an amazing testimony of God's grace in the life of someone who by the world's standards would never be influential, yet he is being used to change the lives of many. Anyway, I could go on and on...
But I won't. :) Again, I hope to post more soon. For now, I am going to enjoy having Joe home and the BUSYness of tax season behind us. Maybe I'll even brush up on my cooking skills. :) Any great (and extremely easy) dinner suggestions will be greatly appreciated.



Hey Julia!! Okay, I miss you!! I feel like we have not caught up in forever!! Let's please get lunch before claire comes! you can come over here and i'll even get lunch for you. I want to read that book too. I have heard it's amazing. If it is yours, can i borrow it? I will find the time to read it! Love ya, dana
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the BUSYness being over!! We will celebrate in Oxford in 19 days!!!
ReplyDeleteI demand more posts!!!! :) JK I am lucky if I get a post done every other week. Love reading your thoughts and hearing your heart! :)
ReplyDelete