Monday, June 8, 2009

A little catching up...

Well, it's been a while since I've posted.  I knew that keeping up with a blog would be a challenge for me.  I hope to get better and better especially throughout the summer as I have more time and more to blog about.  But, to back track a little I wanted to share about Joe's 10K race he ran over Memorial Day...

He was challenged to do this after running a relay leg of the Mercedes Marathon back in February.  Then after being challenged by himself he was challenged by my father!  He couldn't let him down!  So Joe agreed to run and hoped to have plenty of training along the way.  Well, most of you know he has been engulfed with P90X, doing a workout each morning (or evening) to try to keep up.  He has accomplished this goal and this week will complete his 90 day workout...that was all a side note to say he really did not have much "training" time for the race.

So, as race day approached on Memorial Day, Joe felt far from ready to take on a 10K (6.4 miles).  I even persuaded him to wait and run it next year.  However, he RAN and finished the race with endurance!  It was so fun to see him come across the finish line.  I felt like a proud parent.  Here are a few pictures to recap the day:



~ It's like "Where's Waldo"...can you find Joe?













2 comments:

  1. So fun... great job! Tell him next up- a half marathon. They aren't as bad as they sound! -Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very impressive! You are such a good cheerleader :)

    ReplyDelete